Saturday, April 30, 2011

L is for Lemon, Lakes and Love...

I love most things involving a lemon. I enjoy cooking with them, drinking water with one and love lemon flavored candy: read Starburst's. Mmmmm...

My family has had a place on lake St. Mary's for about 14 years now. We also have always had a family cabin not far from Lake Cumberland in Somerset, KY. I love my time out on the boat. There is nothing more carefree than floating on a lake drinking something cold and listening to some tunes. To me that scenario just says: "Summer is here! RELAX".

Love is in the air today! I am headed to Granville, OH to witness my two dear friends, Aric and Amber, become husband and wife. For most couples the time spent dating and being engaged is one full of much joy and fun. They have had their fair share of that for sure. They have also gone through more pain and tragedy than the average betrothed couple. Life has no guarantees and I don't know what the future will hold for them. I am fairly certain though that what they went through has glued them together in a way that is truly forever. It's an honor and a blessing to be part of a wedding where I feel such utter joy because these two are together. I will be smiling from ear to ear and there is not a doubt in my mind that these two are better together. How refreshing is that? May God richly bless them as they step out onto this new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment