Saturday, April 23, 2011

E is for Elephants, Easter and Emaline...

In 2002 I had one of the greatest priviliges of my life thus far, I traveled to Kenya, Africa on a mission trip. One the last 2 days of our trip our group got to go on a real-life safari! It was nothing short of stunning. We were riding in a land rover through the wilds looking for animals big and small. We drove into a large open area with few trees and we spotted what looked like hundred's of elephants. They were so breathtakingly beautiful and HUGE and I must have taken 30 pictures of them. Every since then I have sort of had a thing for elephants.

Easter is tomorrow and this year I am really anxiously anticipating celebrating the risen Lord. David and I participated in the stations of the cross at the Village Vineyard Thursday evening. It was powerful, profound, painful and surprisingly peaceful. ( A whole lotta P's to describe the event...) Our dear friends Aaron and Kristina usually put the effort together with a few others and it is now a wonderful Easter tradition in our family. Last night while driving home I turned to David and asked "Can you believe Jesus died for us? That He loves us that much." David replied "It's crazy, isn't it?" It is. I greatly look forward to the celebration tomorrow.

Emaline is now 19 months old and here are a few things I want to remember:
-She is totally enthralled with the plastic alphabet letters that are magnetized and go on the fridge. She has even learned the letter "I" and walks around with the "I" saying it over and over again and points out that letter in words. Genius!
-She is NOT FUN at the table these days. She is suddenly picky. She still eats a variety of things but I never know from one day to the next what she's going to want to eat. Yesterday she wouldn't eat peas, today she will probably love them. I don't get it. She is also SUPER messy because she refuses to eat unless she has her utensils...which is great but messy since she doesn't have a lot of control yet.
-She is taking baby gymnastics and LOVES it! Her favorite part is the trampoline!
-Her coloring is her daddy's, but the rest of her is just like Mama. Our baby pictures are so similar.
-She calls my dad "PawPaw", Betty "NaNaNa", David's mom "Oma", and my mom "Mimi".
-She is obsessed with Silas and calls him "Si". They are adprable together and Elisha and I took them to get their pictures taken Thursday. Precious!
-We got a swing set in our backyard for Em and she loves it. She can climb up all by herself and go down the slide. She calls the whole thing "WEE".
-Her 18 month check-up was last week and she weighs 21lbs. 15 oz and is 31.5 inches long. The doctor said Emaline is right on target developmentally except with her gross motor skills. In that area she's ahead of the curve. Baby girl can walk up and down stairs, climb up anything, runs, and she can manuever herself on unsteady surfaces. She gives her mama a heart attack by the hour.
-She is so full of JOY and we are in love...

No comments:

Post a Comment