Friday, April 29, 2011

K is for Krispy Kreme,Kissing and Kate (Windsor, nee Middleton)

Krispy Kreme donuts are excellent. I really enjoy a hot, soft, delicious glazed creme filled donut. That being said, they do not hold a candle to the deliciosity of a donut from Jim's Donut's in the thriving metropolis of Vandalia, Ohio. I am most definitely biased.

Kissing is wonderful isn't it? My 3 favorite people to kiss or be kissed by? Two are no brainers, while one may be surprising...
1.) My husband, David. I don't really get tired of kissing that guy.
2.) Emaline Joy. The sweetest, purest, tenderest kisses I have ever known.
3.) A gentleman who used to be a client of mine who is now a good, good friend. I can't write his name but I can give you his initials: BLC. Each day he would greet me by saying something like "Well hello there my itty-bitty, teeny-tiny, squishy baby pumpkin" and then kiss me on the cheek gor a solid 20 seconds as I wiggled and giggles, grinning from ear to ear. The man smells like he just came out of a warm dryer. So fresh and so clean and SO sweet. He made work fun. I miss his face.

I was one of "those" people who woke up at the crack of dawn to watch the Royal Wedding. I dig that sort of thing. I love the pomp and circumstance, the gorgeous clothes, the fact that in 50 years I will see this on some flashback show and think about this morning. I watched Diana and Charles wed 30 years ago at the breast of my mother as I was not even 24 hours old. My mom tells the story of how it was just she and I in the hospital and I had stirred for a feeding just in time to watch Diana get out of the car. She recalls the moment with fondness and so now when I see pictures from that day nearly 30 years ago I feel all warm inside. This morning was not nearly as special, but I tried. I got up and made myself some tea and sat there in the dark (with a hat on...a Red's cap!) This I will remember. A stolen hour out of a busy day of mothering to indulge in fussy frivolity...wearing one of my "dresses" and a ball cap.

As for the wedding. It was beautiful, albeit a bit of a snooze fest at some points. I LOVED her down. So classy and modern all at once. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of drama from the train, (although Diana's 25-foot train was ludicrous). I was also reminded that I love chamber music. A lot. The whole affair was prim and proper, very demure and like a great peice of eye candy to me. I know it's silly and that all that money could have been better spent though and that dampened my mood. Just thinking about how much it all cost made me feel...not sure how it made me feel. Alas, I enjoyed my morning and I made a memory for certain.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew, Oliver and I watched the royal wedding in bed drinking mimosa's....:)

    ReplyDelete