Friday, April 22, 2011

D is for Doors, Dolphins and David

We got a new front door as a Christmas gift from my parents, and we love it. It really changed the look of the front of our home for the better!

Dolphins are probably my favorite animal. I think they are beautiful and I hear they're quite smart. When I was about 8 my family took a trip out on a dolphin cruise in Florida and it was stellar! When I saw those dolphins chasing our boat I got so worked up with excitement that I could hardly contain myself. When I see one now I get that same rush of excitement and I feel like that 8 year old girl all over again.

David. I'm in love. In about 3 weeks my man will be turning 29 so in honor of that occasion here are 29 reasons I'm so in love.

1.) We are a good team.
2.) He works so hard for our family.
3.) He has beautiful hands and forearms.
4.) Emaline lights up when he's around. What an amazing Daddy she has.
5.) He loves my family...dysfunction and all.
6.) He thought I was beautiful when I felt invisible.
7.) His servant heart.
8.) A liar he is not!
9.) The way he takes care of our home.
10.) He let's me sleep in every once in awhile.
11.) He takes care of his mother.
12.) He loves the Lord.
13.) He supportive of me.
14.) His family comes first.
15.) He is strong.
16.) He calms me down and balances me out.
17.) His easygoing nature.
18.) The way he thoughtfully considers his options.
19.) He is good at finding a deal.
20.) He loves a good adventure!
21.) The way he holds fast to both his Dutch and Eritrean culture.
22.) The way he is bringing Emaline into the fold of those cultures.
23.) He loves to travel...even if it's only to Dayton for the weekend.
24.) He likes getting together with MVNU alumni almost as much as I do.
25.) He pushes me when I need it and he backs off when I need it.
26.) He speaks softly and kindly.
27.) He loves my clients and they love him back.
28.) He's not afraid to cry.
29.) I just have to say it...he's great in the sack. :)

I HAD to be a little inappropriate! It's Fez I'm describing! Seriously though, I could go on (and on, and on...) about all the ways in which I feel blessed by the man I married. He is a treasure and I just know that in 50 years I'll feel equally as blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment