Thursday, April 21, 2011

C is for Cesareans, Cee-Lo Green and Chic-Fil-A

I had a cesarean in 2009 and that's how Emaline Joy emerged into the world. While I wish it had gone differently I tread lightly with those thoughts because out of that birth grew education, courage and a change I can't into words. I am thankful for cesareans and I wish they weren't overused.

"F You" by Cee-Lo Green is Emaline's favorite song. It's a tad (or a LOT) inappropriate, but it's so darn catchy and we love it. Baby Girl loves to shake her groove thang. She's so much like her mama...

In the past 7 days we have eaten at Chick-Fil-A 4 times. EMBARRASSING. Here's why:
1.) It's reasonably healthy. Well, it is the way I order it. Grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad for mama, chicken nuggets (not organic but real all white meat chicken) and a fruit cup for Emaline.
2.) They help me with EJ. Yep, they bring me a place mat, refill our drinks (water), bring our food out to us and clean up after the food ends up in the floor.
3.) We got a gift card from EJ's papa (My dad) so it's cheap.
4.) Toddlerhood has brought many eating challenges. It seems that meal time usually involves a huge mess, tears, and a kid that has eaten very little protein. This has not always been an issue with EJ. She loves to eat but in her toddler age she is showing her colors. Not so at Chic-Fila-A! She will sit ther and eat independently for ages and that means mama and daddy eat in peace.

We will stop it soon. I promise. I am still cooking dinner nightly. Can you read in that I have some mommy guilt with this? Something about putting it into writing has made me feel slightly bad about soooo much fast food. SIGH.

1 comment:

  1. No need to defend yourself when we're talking about Chic Fil A. It's been my absolute favorite since I was a kid and my kids beg for it every time we are in Columbus. It's near the top of my list of "things I miss from Columbus"!

    ReplyDelete