Monday, April 25, 2011

G is for Gas, Groceries and Gone with the Wind...

It's not a secret that gas prices are through the roof. When I think back on my high school days when I was just learning to drive I can remember gas costing a mere $0.99 a gallon! I feel like and old lady when I say this, but it's true! Just Saturday I pain $3.76 a gallon! Ludicrous! My dad owns a few car dealerships and this has hit him kinda hard. He said that when it hits $4.00 a gallon that's when people will really start getting mad and stop driving. Maybe that's a good thing? I don't know...

I love to go grocery shopping. Let me rephrase that: I love to go grocery shopping without my daughter. I enjoy the process of meal planning, making a list and then going out to get what I need. I find it sort of thrilling. What a nerd! I anticipate when Em and I will take walks to the Pearl Alley farmer's market in just a few short months to do some of our shopping there. Only another month or so! Yay!

My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind. I'm not sure why, it just is. Maybe it's because it is so dramatic. Maybe it's because it was so cutting edge when it was made in 1939. Maybe it's because I have a lot of family who live in south Georgia and you can still see the effects of the cicil war there some 150 years later. I think what I love the most are the characters. Some memorable characters have come out of this epic film and I get lost in them whenever I watch the movie. It's nearly 3.5 hours long and is quite a commitment to watch but I try and manage to do so once a year. It's a tradition and doing so make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment