Saturday, September 10, 2011

UP

Tomorrow my family is going to head to the state up north...and then we're going to keep on driving. Along with my husband, my daughter and I we will be traveling with my parents. In the past traveling with them is always fun. They do spur of the moment things and are always up for an adventure. They also have, how do I say this tactfully, more funds than we do. They also like to share. That means we will be staying in really cool places, like the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.

What I am looking forward to most is not swanky hotels and nice meals out. Nope, not really. I am mostly looking forward to being out in the middle of nowhere. The city gets to me after awhile and I need to see other things besides buildings, concrete, cars and people. I want to be surrounded by trees, water and rocks. That's what I want to see. I look forward to hiking, shopping in quaint little shops in small town and to showing my daughter some new sights. I have never been to the UP myself (the Upper Peninsula) and I am eager to see the area I have heard so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment