Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pregnancy thus far...

I am almost halfway! It's going fast, that's for sure. Here is a list of what's going on:

How I'm feeling: Right now? Awesome! I'm in that sweet spot. I love being pregnant, but this is a favorite time for me. I'm not sick anymore and I'm not huge yet. Perfect! Mentally/emotionally I am still struggling to grasp that this is a new experience and that my last birth and breastfeeding experience does not determine my future. I need to let it go.
Weight gain: 8 lbs. I'm fine with that, but can't lie. It's hard to watch the scale creep up.
Cravings: It varies, but so far I have craved pineapple, cheeto's puffs, orange sherbet, root beer, the sharpest cheddar cheese I can find, and fruit smoothies.
Prenatal appointments: They are going very well! Baby has a strong heartbeat of 160. My blood pressure is normal as is my blood sugar! Praise GOD! By this time with Em I was a mess. All that hard work paid off!!!! I chose to see a midwife this time around. She is an RN and has been for 30 years and has delivered 2,000 babies! WOW! She is great, well respected and she is thorough! My appointments last an hour and cover so much!
Gender: We are finding out on 10/16! I am walking the half marathon and when I get to the finish line some friends will be there holding a sign revealing the gender! I can't wait for the surprise!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment