Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vacation, part 2

We're back! It was overall a very good trip. The girls were well behaved and easy for us on the flight, which was nice. They actually really enjoyed it and the timing of the flights was good for us.

When we arrived there was some grumbling from my parents about the beach rental. They said it wasn't very nice. It was all very stressful for a minute! When we got there though it was very nice! Not as nice as the house we rented last year in Destin, but nice. We had our own pool and two houses that shared a courtyard. My family had a master suite with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and we shared a common area and a kitchen. There was lots of swimming, beach trips, sunsets, boat rides and fishing to be had.

Visiting with my 4 teen nieces proved once again to be a highlight of the trip for me as well as for my girls. They love their cousins! Also, they let me braid their hair like crazy and I get pretty darn good at the fishtail and double french braid! There was a line for me to do their hair each night before dinner but I didn't mind! On the second day of our trip I took the teens to the mall. It was fun for me, but I am just not a shopper! My niece tried to get me to sign the form for her to have her cartlidge pierced! Ah! My brother may have killed me if I had done it.

The highlight of the trip was by far out trip to Disney world! We met Wendy and Andrew at the gates at 10 am and were ready for a day of fun! It was a crowded and hot day and I fully expected to grin and bear it for as long as we could. Wrong I was!! It was a blast! We had fast passes that let us reserve seats on rides so we rarely had to wait longer than 10 minutes. Most of the attractions are indoors and air conditioned too. Not bad. I packed enough snacks to get is through and David brought in a gallon of water. I laughed at him, but it was nice. We borrowed our friends double umbrella stroller and it was perfect. Lightweight, easily collapsible, comfortable for the kids and even had a sunshade. Wendy and Andrew knew the park so well and were excellent tour guides. We had a ton of great laughs, made some memories and even shed a few tears watching Emaline and Eden meet princess Belle. It was so precious. They are at an age when they really believed they were meeting a princess. The looks on their little faces really was magical. Corny as it sounds, it was just so sweet that Wendy and I both teared up. We did the Jungle Cruise, met Ariel and Belle, Under the Sea, Peter Pan's Flight, Donald's Philharmagic, the carousel, Dumbo, the magic carpets, and toured the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. We also had lunch in the Crystal Palace with the characters from Winnie the Pooh. The day was capped off with an electric light parade at 9. My kids were troopers and pleasant until the bitter end! We honestly had a blast and are looking forward to our next trip back.


No comments:

Post a Comment