Monday, October 17, 2011

Make new friends, but keep the old...

...one is silver and the others gold. I remember singing this song in Girl Scouts Troop 1387 when I was younger and lately it has been on loop in my head as I have made a lot of new friends in the last year or so. With starting a weight loss program at the Y and starting graduate school I have been introduced to a lot of new people. My parents have often told me throughout the years that I am a "career friend'. What they mean (because I have asked) is that I have a full-time job just maintaining my personal relationships. Amen to that!

I have wonderful friends, I always have. Recently I have made two new "everyday" friends that have been so encouraging and life giving to me and I am blessed to have them. So blessed that I don't like that the song would call them silver!

This week I have also been reminded how loved and supported I am by some of my "old" friends. Not everyone has relationships that are rich and meaningful and I strive not to take these relationships for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment