Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Staying home

Today has been one of "those days" where I think to myself that it would probably benefit my entire household if I went to work. What that means is, it would benefit me to be away from my sweet girl for a few hours. It's just a fleeting thought, but I thought if I wrote it down I might feel better right this minute. NO, I am not planning to go back to work anytime soon. Truth is I normaly lovelovelove staying home with her, even on bad days

Some days there is entirely too much going on and I get overwhelmed.

Today I heard from an old college friend and she said that her 8 year old daughter is experiencing kidney failure and they are waiting for a donor kidney. In the meantime this sweet little girl will be on dialysis for 8 hours a day, 3 days a week at Columbus Children's Hospital, an hour from their home. Suddenly my days with a sometimes loud, often defiant and HEALTHY toddler have been feeling like a gift. That's because they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment