Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine...

Some call him David, most call him Fez, I call him my husband. I often wonder how on Earth I was so blessed and why in the world he chose me. So many women in the world and he chose me. There are days when marriage is tough. Days when we look at each other and all we seem to see is our glaring differences. There are days when we can't communicate, or worse still there are days when our communication is harsh. Even on these days there is always assurance that we make each other better people. He told me on the day he asked me to be his wife that my strengths covered his weaknesses, and his mine. The truth in that statement is profound. He is patient when I am antsy, I am diligent when he is carefree, and he is calm when I am anxious. These stark contrasts create friction at times, but most of the time it is spot on and just what we need. David is my biggest cheerleader, my gentle teacher, my provider and the great love of my life. My words fail me often, but the depth of feeling and tenderness in my heart towards this man flow freely in the form of tears, embraces and looks.

Watching him father our daughter has taken this love and made it multiply. We are novice parents and at times we don't see eye to eye, but OH. My. GOODNESS. he is an amazing dad. I knew he would be, and he has not disappointed in the least. My girl is blessed to be growing up with a dad that will teach her just what she deserves in a mate someday. I get so much joy when I watch them interact. She lights up when he's around and I know that they are buddies already. Parenting has challenged us in so many ways and we've had our fair share of tense times as we've navigated this new chapter. As we go we ease up and have found that this time has strengthened us rather than weakened us. Our marriage is more solid than ever and our love has really been multiplies with the birth of Emaline Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. This post makes me smile, friend. Love you and your valentine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kelli's comments. What a beautiful, honest look at what marriage is truly like and all about. Differences sometimes separate, but often bring together. Love the way you worded this, Mandy. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete