Monday, February 28, 2011

It's his turn...

David and I signed up to run a 10 mile race on April 10. This means that my husband needs to get himself out and running, stat! Like I've said before, he's been my biggest cheerleader throughout this weight loss journey I've been on. He joined the running group at our YMCA and has to complete a certain number of minutes per week of cardio exercise. This has created quite the scheduling conflict within our home. He started just one week ago and I already feel like I never get to see him. He wants to do this though and so that means it is worth it. This has really opened my eyes to see just how much he has sacrificed to help me reach my goals. Even though I know this , this does not mean that I have been gracious about it all the time. I wish I could say that I am as selfless as my husband but I'm not. I've gotten used to our routine and this change has been an adjustment. Take today for instance. Usually he gets home around four and allows me to cook dinner with out Emaline at my feet. Then we eat together and then I go to the Y after she goes to sleep at 7. Today he came home and changed clothes and was gone to get in his minutes. Instead of being and encouragement to him as he is to me I was wishing he would stay. I need to be better. Period. The end. He's given me so much encouragement and support and he deserves nothing but that for his running goals.

On a lighter note, my daughter is talking so much! It seems like everyday she says a new word or phrase and I get so excited! She is making her needs and wants more and more and that heps out a ton. She is calling David "DA-EEE" and me "MAMA". I love, love, love hearing her say mama! She is my joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment