Sunday, December 18, 2011

This season, and by that I mean the Christmas season, can get really busy really fast. There are so many parties to attend, dishes to prepare, gifts to purchase and wrap and family obligations to fulfill. This year I have really tried to keep it simple. Minimal gifts, some handmade, and all from the heart. I desire to keep it simple because I don't want to lose the meaning or the purpose of why it is I do all of this. I want to be motivated by celebration at the coming of my King rather than because I'm supposed to. I have tried to enjoy all of the preparations for Christmas this year and I honestly have. Decorating the house has been a joy when I see my sweet daughter light up when she sees it all put together. Baking and cooking has been fun too because I have two little helping hands eager to go!

What I'm saying is that I have really loved getting ready for the birth of Christ this year, even more than normal. Emaline Joy helps me see the meaning and wonder in all of the stuff we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment