Tuesday, May 3, 2011

N AND O...

N is for Northstar Cafe, Needles, and (The) Netherlands...

I am in love with Northstar Cafe. The first time I went I thought it was pretentious and overpriced. Those things might be slightly true. I've heard people "name drop" Northstar before! Funny. However, the food speaks for itself. If you have not been there, GO. My favorite menu items are: the cloud 9 pancakes, chopped salad with rosemary foccacia, and the delectable Northstar burger ( a veggie burger), ham and cheese scones, and the dark chocolate truffle cookie. Oh. My. Word.

I'm not really afraid of needles. I'm actually more afraid of the blood pressure cuff.

My husband is half Dutch and half Eritrean. That makes for a beautiful combo in my humble opinion. In December of 2006 (just 3 months after our wedding) we traveled to the Netherlands for a small family reception hosted by my new aunt and uncle in-laws. It was a fabulous party! The whole trip was a whirlwind, but so fantastic. David and I plan to go back soon, and often. Well, we'd like to anyway. His family is a highlight of the trip. Their hospitality toward us was so warm and yet not intrusive. My favorite things about the country are:the windmills (molen), the architecture, the cheese, pancakes, and pofridges, the beaches, and the Anne Frank house.

1 comment:

  1. I'm more afraid of the blood pressure cuff than needles too! And here I thought I was the only one...

    ReplyDelete