Wednesday, January 26, 2011

to cut or not to cut...

emaline needs her bangs trimmed and has for some time. i'm not quite sure if i'm ready for this though. she is turning more and more into a little girl and it makes me feel a bit sad. she went from being connected to me and living inside of me, to completely dependent on me and now she is really gaining independence and wanting to do so much on her own. this is the goal of parenting but it feels depressing today for some reason. people will tell you it goes too fast and that you will miss these days but it's hard to believe how fast it really does go by. my baby girl is 16 months old. she is walking and talking so much, feeding herself with a spoon, and telling me when she wants/needs a new diaper. we even got the potty out this month and she's showing an interest already. she seems to be her mother's daughter and wants to be independent and self-sufficient. she's playing by herself better these days and i find that i can fold a load of laundry or get dinner going while she entertains herself. that being said, i have to watch her like a hawk. the girl can climb. she has climbed up onto the table, her highchair, and once out of her crib. she is a doll and i love the little lady she is becoming, even if it's too fast for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment