Thursday, August 12, 2010

housekeeping...

i used to think i was a pretty clean person. to an extent i still am. i really dislike clutter and i have a hard time relaxing with piles of stuff laying around. however, i don't mind some dust. or, apparently, mold. gross!!!! today i tackled the mold. i also got (literally) on my hands and knees and scrubbed my floor like i've never scrubbed before. it feels good to know that my floors are clean now though.

i always envisioned myself as a stay at home mom and feel blessed to be that today. in that vision i always pictured a clean house though! i pictured me waking up from a restful sleep and then spending my day playing with my child(ren), cleaning, making food, and in general "making a home". my days never look like this, but i'm still loving this life of mine most of the time. i guess what's happened is that the whole taking care of child(ren) is my focus and i feel that the house can wait! i'd rather spend time feeding, playing with, and reading to Emaline than I would dusting, mopping and sweeping. that's a good justification, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment