Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Reese

On Friday October 10 my brother and his wife welcomed their first child! A precious baby girl named Reese Eileen. She is my first biological niece and I am over the moon about her. Rachel was a week "over due" and we were all on pins and needles waiting for the big day. Her labor was long and hard, but she was a warrior. She is one tough cookie! At 9:57pm Reese graced us all with her presence. When I first saw her I cried. She is just precious and beautiful. I look forward to the days ahead and the memories to be made with my girls and Reese. My cousins were some of my first and favorite friends as a child and I have hopes that our girls will grow up together.

One of the most wonderful parts of this new wee little girl is watching my brother fall head over heels in love with his baby daughter. He just can't stop smiling! He is overjoyed and says at night he just enjoys sitting there staring at her. It's adorable to see and I have choked up several times watching it. Today he called me a tad concerned about Reese's bowel movements. He was so concerned and so willing to try anything to get her to go. Five minutes later he texted me to let me know she had a blow out and all was well. Ha! She is so well loved and cared for by her parents. Dane is already and awesome dad and taking such great care of his girls!

Then there is Rachel. Rachel is walking around like she didn't just endure a 26 hour labor and then major abdominal surgery! She's tough as nails I tell ya!! She is in love too and just so calm. She just exudes so much peace and confidence and I am in awe. Plus, she's a nursing champ! Reese is latching great, getting plenty, and they are just so laid back and content. I love it! This is so the opposite of how I was and it's refreshing. She has no expectations of herself in this area and she is just taking it as it comes and she's doing beautifully! I am so proud of her and the loving choices she has made for her baby girl.

So yeah, we are all in love and googly eyed over here. Reese is our favorite topic and we are looking at her picture multiple times throughout the day. Being an aunt is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment