Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pray for Peace, people everywhere...

During the Vietnam war there was a man who stood outside the White House every night holding a single candle. After several weeks, the news discovered him and a reporter came and said something like, “Sir. Do you really think that standing here with this candle is going to change the world’s mind?” And the man looked at him and said, “I don’t stand here with my candle to change the world. I stand here to keep the world from changing me.”

I love this. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to keep the world from changing me.

My heart breaks for the mothers, fathers, siblings, husbands, wives and friends who lost their loves on Friday. I am also seriously angry. At who, I don't know. Just pissed off that I have babies in this world and that it is such a terrifying place. Hope will spring forth though. It will because it has to, because I know Love wins. God wins. Lord Jesus, have mercy on us. Come quickly and swiftly, Lord. 

For now I will choose to love and I will try to love my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment